2017/2018 School Year
The following volunteer opportunities are available throughout the 2017-2018 school year. During your member registration, please note your interest. This is not a guarantee of placement for any activity, we will contact those who have expressed interest to confirm availability as program/event dates get closer.
For a list of available Chair Positions, click here: Exec Board and Chairs.
• Art Enrichment (Henking) – Coordinate with art teacher to find parent volunteers when needed. When: Throughout the year.
• Art Enrichment (Hoffman) – Coordinate with parent volunteers to present an hour long art enrichment to students in class. There are 6 different artist/lesson plans to present during the year for each grade. Have Room Mom’s promote program and have people sign up during curriculum night to share art projects with a child’s classroom for 30 minutes. When: Monthly
• Book Fair and Family Pizza Dinner (Henking) – Various duties and times for set-up, take down, class & teacher previews, cashiering, floaters, and serving. When: October
• Book Fair and Family Ice Cream Social (Hoffman) – Various duties and times for set-up, take down, class & teacher previews, cashiering and floaters. When: April/May
• Debra Gelfund – attend quarterly meetings at the district level. When: Quarterly.
• Environmental Team – Implement green practices and projects in our school. When: Throughout the year.
• Field Day (Hoffman) – Coordinate with the PE teachers and arrange for volunteers to help run Field Day. When: June.
• Fundraising – Volunteers needed to spearhead various fundraisers throughout the year (i.e. Mixed Bag etc). When: Throughout the year.
• 5th Grade Picnic – Help run and supervise outdoor activities with the guidance of the PTA Coordinator. When: June.
• 5th Grade Play – Assist Ms. Cone with rehearsal/props/wardrobe for spring musical in mid May. Contact Ms. Cone (HO Drama teacher for more information). When: May
• Health & Safety Screenings – Arrange for volunteers to bring children down for hearing and vision screening and coordinate with school nurse to ensure every child is screened. No training necessary. When: October/November
• Hoffman City Carnival – Various positions include set up, clean up, cafeteria, booth volunteer, cashier and misc. When: April.
• Holiday Helper – Assist the chairs with shopping, transporting and sorting donations. When: December
• International Night – Help with various committees such as Entertainment, Heritage Rooms, International dining and more. When: February
• Learning Center – Assist the Learning Center Staff. When: As needed.
• Memory Book – Work with Hoffman staff and students to compile pictures. When: Throughout the year.
• Movie Night (Henking) – Checking in and checking out children, supervising, and handing out snacks. When: February
• Movie Night (Hoffman) – Checking in and checking out children, supervising, and handing out snacks. When: January
• Pancake Breakfast – Assist with serving food, check-in and raffle tickets. When: February
• Social – Event planning and coordination for parents night out (Back to School/End of year events). When: Ongoing
• Registration/Walk-In Day – Assist with PTA registration, class list distribution and school supplies. When: August.
• School Beautification Committee – Help maintain the outside grounds, especially the gardens. When: Ongoing
• School Benefit Committee – Work with Benefit Chairs to solicit auction donations and coordinate event details. When: Fall
• School Board Observer – attend school board recap meetings the second Thursday of the month at the District office from 9:30-10:30. Two people share this position so you can divide up the meetings depending on your schedule. When: Monthly
• School Office (Henking) – Assist school administrators with photocopying, assembling materials & mailings. When: As needed.
• School Photos – The chair needs to be present at schools on picture day and arrange for any volunteers needed. You would do this again on a smaller scale for picture retake day. When: August/September
• School Wish List – Work on a committee to oversee requests for PTA donations to school. When: Throughout the year
• Screen Free Week —Runs a week in April. Work with local businesses to provide either a discount or provide scheduled activities during screen free week. Attend various screen free activities throughout the week. Help create flyers with all the offerings to publicize and promote screen free week at the schools. When: April
• Special Needs Diversity Team – Help Support families with special needs children. Assist with parent coffees and Diversity Day. When: Throughout the year as needed.
• Spirit Day (Henking) – Coordinate with PE teachers and find volunteers to supervise this outdoor activity under the guidance of the HE staff. When: June
• Student Directory – Help the PTA Chair organize, edit and format student information. When: September/October.
• Teacher Hospitality– Plan a light lunch or snacks the week of conferences. When: October & March
• Teacher Appreciation Activities – Assist in planning and communicating activities throughout the week, including the Teacher’s Luncheon. When: May