2018/2019 School Year
In order to get the most out of your PTA Membership make sure you join our HE/HO PTA MemberHub site. Your membership allows you to join "hubs" for a number of school events. These email hubs give you a sneak peek at the volunteer opportunities associated with the specific events you have chosen (i.e. book fair, carnival, field & spirit days etc).
The following volunteer opportunities are available throughout the 2018-2019 school year. If you have any questions about these volunteer opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
• Art Enrichment (Henking) – Coordinate with art teacher to find parent volunteers when needed. When: Throughout the year.
• Art Enrichment (Hoffman) – Coordinate with parent volunteers to present an hour long art enrichment to students in class. There are 6 different artist/lesson plans to present during the year for each grade. Have Room Mom’s promote program and have people sign up during curriculum night to share art projects with a child’s classroom for 30 minutes. When: Monthly
• Book Fair and Family Pizza Dinner (Henking) – Various duties and times for set-up, take down, class & teacher previews, cashiering, floaters, and serving. When: October
• Book Fair and Family Ice Cream Social (Hoffman) – Various duties and times for set-up, take down, class & teacher previews, cashiering and floaters. When: April
• Environmental Team – Implement green practices and projects in our school. When: Throughout the year.
• Field Day (Hoffman) – Coordinate with the PE teachers and arrange for volunteers to help run Field Day. When: June.
• Fundraising – Volunteers needed to spearhead various fundraisers throughout the year (i.e. Mixed Bag etc). When: Throughout the year.
• 5th Grade Picnic – Help run and supervise outdoor activities with the guidance of the PTA Coordinator. When: June.
• 5th Grade Play – Assist Ms. Cone with rehearsal/props/wardrobe for spring musical in mid May. Contact Ms. Cone (HO Drama teacher for more information). When: May
• Hoffman City Carnival – Various positions include set up, clean up, cafeteria, booth volunteer, cashier and misc. When: April.
• Holiday Helper – Assist the chairs with shopping, transporting and sorting donations. When: December
• International Night – Help with various committees such as Entertainment, Heritage Rooms, International dining and more. When: February
• Learning Center – Assist the Learning Center Staff. When: As needed.
• Memory Book – Work with Hoffman staff and students to compile pictures. When: Throughout the year.
• Movie Night (Henking) – Checking in and checking out children, supervising, and handing out snacks. When: February
• Movie Night (Hoffman) – Checking in and checking out children, supervising, and handing out snacks. When: January
• Pancake Breakfast – Assist with serving food, check-in and raffle tickets. When: February
• Social – Event planning and coordination for parents night out (Back to School/End of year events). When: Ongoing
• School Beautification Committee – Help maintain the outside grounds, especially the gardens. When: Ongoing
• School Benefit Committee – Work with Benefit Chairs to solicit auction donations and coordinate event details. When: Fall
• School Office (Henking) – Assist school administrators with photocopying, assembling materials & mailings. When: As needed.
• School Photos – The chair needs to be present at schools on picture day and arrange for any volunteers needed. You would do this again on a smaller scale for picture retake day. When: August/September
• Screen Free Week —Runs a week in April. Work with local businesses to provide either a discount or provide scheduled activities during screen free week. Attend various screen free activities throughout the week. Help create flyers with all the offerings to publicize and promote screen free week at the schools. When: April
• Special Needs Diversity Team – Help Support families with special needs children. Assist with parent coffees and Diversity Day. When: Throughout the year as needed.
• Spirit Day (Henking) – Coordinate with fine arts team and find volunteers to supervise this outdoor activity under the guidance of the HE staff. When: June
• Student Directory – Help the PTA Chair organize, edit and format student information. When: September/October.
• Teacher Appreciation Activities – Assist in planning and communicating activities throughout the week, including the Teacher’s Luncheon. When: October, March & May